Maintaining a blog – is it always profitable?
You run a business at a time when blogging is not an advantage, but a necessity. Companies race to publish articles, one strategy dominate the other! Why some people make big profits from content marketing, while other spend money and time on texts that do not bring any benefits? We analyze such turn of events in today’s article.
What should I do to make the blog bring more benefits?
There is no doubt that every entrepreneur has his or her own opinion on the profitability of a blog. The effects are influenced by many factors, which implies rich diversity of experiences. Colloquially speaking, you can earn a lot, but it is also not hard to have a massive loss.
Remember that blog articles are an investment – they take either time (if you run a blog by yourself) or money (whenever you hire a copywriter).
Its success is determined by the quality of the content, current market situation, supply of content on the same subject, as well as a few other random factors.
Viability of the blog articles
Summarizing the variables mentioned above, we can define that the profits from maintaining a blog depend on three main factors:
- Company resources – these include the quantity and quality of content, but also the age of the domain, number of incoming links, website UX and the attractiveness of your offer.
- Competitors activities – articles constantly “compete” with each other for top positions. The main task of every type of content is to be in TOP10, mostly because only these articles generate reasonable traffic (especially TOP3, which usually generated 50% of total traffic). This means that competing content will nip your effects in the bud as they “steal” website traffic.
- Real demand – every action taken must be carried out by the invisible, though strong hand of the market. It is the people who ultimately verify whether your articles are interesting and, most importantly, if they meet the needs that influence decision-making purchasing process.
It is worth noting that each of the components mentioned above include dozens of other factors, so the benefits of maintaining company blog are not straightforward, but rather quite complex.
What should I do to make the blog more beneficial?
Again, you need to go back to the components listed above and look through them. What could be improved in your company? Remember, however, that long lasting organic traffic does not depend on small changes, tricks and shortcuts. Google’s algorithms take hundred of factors into account, so your articles need to carry real value to your audience.
Pay attention to the fact that the blog also influence the brand image. The company “put its name” to every text that has been published on your website. Therefore, it is worth ensuring the highest, expert quality of content.
- Company resources – in order for published articles to gain better visibility, do not neglect SEO activities! Take care of your website, improve its design and do internal linking so that visitors find your website quite easy to navigate.
- Competition – stay ahead of the competition, at least in case of entries and content you publish. Find market gaps and write expert article on the specific topic. Depending on the situation, do not compete with large companies, unless you are sure that you have the resources that guarantee results.
- Demand – unfortunately you cannot affect it in any way. Be patient! If you show that you care about your recipients by presenting substantive content and encouraging them to take advantage of your offer, then the customers will follow you! As soon as they feel they need something that your company provide, reliable blog articles will bring you a significant competitive advantage in the form of improved brand image and website traffic.
We hope that we managed to change your perspective on running a blog. It is neither simple, nor easy coming, but the effects are well worth the (reasonable) effort.
Your comment has been added and is awaiting approval.
Leave a Reply