Writing texts – beginner’s guide
Writing texts has been among us for 5,000 years so far, but it is now particularly gaining fame thanks to the duration of Internet era. It allows you to find a remote job and earn without leaving your home. However, knowledge that will allow you to stand out from the competition is a must. That is why we invite you to read the following guide on how to create professional marketing content.
Writing texts – where to start?
Copywriting is about creation of a custom content that meet our client’s business goals.
This process has five steps:
- Idea for articles
- Brief analysis and selection of key phrases
- Structure planning
- Writing texts/content creation
- SEO optimization
As you see, writing is a second to last task that is quite often a duty of a professional writer. This is due to the fact that prior data analysis allows us to maximize effects of writing texts. Currently, creativity and a penmanship are no longer enough, as it is necessary to get out from underneath and meet your target group, and competitors. Perform search engine optimization too.
For this reason, we recommend you to create a catchy title, choose keywords and plan structure which will determine layout of the text before we start writing. No sooner the whole process is faster and more effective.
What does the process of writing a text look like?
In case of tools, we do not need anything more than a Word or Google sheets. Many programs for writing exist, but we recommend the ones mentioned above, because of the great functionality that will be found useful when formatting the texts (adding headlines, internal linking, etc.)
All the rest depends on the information and facts collected that we need to translate into writing only. That is why:
Step one – research
The modern Internet provides enormous possibilities of data searching. A copywriter does not have to be a specialist in every branch, but it is enough to visit the thematic websites where writer could find the necessary information. Of course, there are industries that are developing dynamically and research (that is obtaining news before writing) remain difficult, but let’s face it – in the vast majority of cases the Internet is saturated with up-to-date, commonly available knowledge.
In order for the texts to be professional, their substantive character is a must have. Provide information your reader’s desire.
For this reason, you should prepare yourself before content implementation by visiting industry portals or reading books. You can see whether the author has been prepared.
It should be highlighted that some industries (such as medicine or legal professions) require mentioning sources on the basis on which the information was obtained. An extensive bibliography increases the content quality significantly.
Step two – execution
Let’s assume that the writer has obtained necessary knowledge and has prepared key phrases and text structure. There is nothing more than the linguistic skills that affects content quality. However, there are a few rules to bear in mind, and those are:
- Make your content understandable for the recipient – using difficult words does not increase credibility – not at all. To be found interesting, the text has to contain practical examples and short explanations. Specialized terms are used when there is an explanation nearby or whether it follows the specific issue. The common intention of a writer is to reach a larger group of readers – remember that not everyone have such a professional knowledge.
- Avoid long and dull blocks of texts – paragraphs, bullet lists, bold text and highlights are the common measures which facilitate readability, preventing the text structure from gaining a monotone sequence. Writing texts is like building – you can create either a heavy Romanesque cathedral that does not see the light of day at the end, or a spacious house. Of course, the readers prefer the solution that is a second metaphor (that is for a number of reasons – it is easier to remember, to access and find the most important fragments, it is reader-friendly, etc.)
- Check and proofread the text after writing – linguistic, stylistic, or even logical mistakes are common. In case of text writing, many thoughts could have arisen. Those conflict with each other probably – inconsistencies arise. Moreover, some mistakes may simply not be noticed, so correct your content and read it once again to improve quality.
Writing texts – benefits
There are clients who appear so suddenly thanks to actions carried out by us – professional texts surely bring many benefits. With such a basis in mind, a special term was created, and that is content marketing that includes all activities that increase business results using substantive content.
Well-written texts gain visibility in the search engine. Everything due to the fact that Google displays useful information to the users. Should the content be interesting and substantive, it will rank high and generate free traffic to your website.
SEO texts are the primary tool that increase number of potential customers who will be attractive to your offer.
A higher position in the search engine increases brand recognition. Additionally, the substantive content presents company’s competences. Explaining industry issues builds trust and recognition in the eyes of recipients, and influence interest in the offer.
Writing texts has business potential not only because it improves traffic to a website, but also makes a better use of it. Marketing content encourages recipients to purchase, and present the company strengths too. As a consequence, the effectiveness of an offer increases. The effects are becoming one and the search results of a clients improve ultimately.
Now that we know what professional writing looks like, it’s high time to get to business! After the theory, practice generates new skills and experience. Fulfilling orders is the most effective way to improve your writing.
- Writing texts is a multi-stage process, and the content implementation is the last step in professional articles creation. Selection of keywords, preparation of structure and SEO optimization are equally important.
- The content has to be created with the emphasis on recipients, both in terms of information and the structure. It is also a good idea to check the text and proofread it after writing to get rid of mistakes.
- Professional texts improve positioning, conversion, and build expert brand image. It is a reason why content marketing continues to gain in importance as an effective marketing tool.
Your comment has been added and is awaiting approval.